Saturday, October 20, 2012

What Are You Doing to Improve Your Blogging?

Bettering yourself comes so naturally as a kid. whether it be attending weekly soccer practices or getting piano lessons (the two things I did as a kid!), practice and learning seemed like a given. We had a set time each week where we knew we had to be there to learn more about something we love.
I'm not sure if it is just because our parents pushed up, but have you noticed as people get older they seem to focus more on the task instead of bettering themselves in that task. I mean when I was a kid playing soccer, I would always have at least one weekly practice (usually two), but now I am playing futsal (indoor soccer) and we just all rock up 10min before the game not having practiced at all the whole week!
I think that if you want to be good at something you really need to be committed to it - and learning is such a bit part in commitment. If you want to be the best you have to learn from the best.
For example. I recently started singing first at my youth group, then I was given the responsibility of children's worship director and started singing in church. I must say I absolutely although love it and am doing it at either a practice or service 3-4 times a week, I know I can be so much better. I want to be able to do so much more. I have goals of being involved in professional cd recordings for both kids church and youth, and would love to tour the world with our youth band -so I decided I needed to be even better, and to start taking lessons from a professional vocal coach.
After having my first singing lesson today, my eyes have been opened to the possibilities and potential I have as a singer. She was able to tell me what I was doing wrong and the exact steps I needed to take to start seeing results.
I think this is exactly the same as with blogging. So many people are saying they want to be an a-list blogger but what are you doing to prepare yourself to be one. I know you can strike it lucky with digg and stuff like that, but even if you have a lucky break what are you doing to make sure you keep them?
You need to consistently be improving your writing technique, your posting style, your marketing strategies, your blog monetization, your networking. You need to be mentored by someone who knows more about things than you do.
Now it doesn't have to be anything formal. I mean for you it could just be reading ProBlogger and learning from his posts. Or it could be chatting with a higher profile blogger than you and just learning from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment